Wednesday, November 17, 2010

50 mg Vyvanse + 5 mg Dexedrine

I've spent a week on 40 mg Vyvanse with 5 mg Dexedrine at noon, and it has worked quite well. No more irritability or tension in the afternoons, and it didn't just shift to the evenings as I feared. Not sure why this is, but I bet it has something to do with how rapidly the medication wears off. Perhaps my body was getting rid of the Vyvanse very quickly, leading to a low, and the Dexedrine fills in this low so I get a smoother tapering off. I'll have to remember to ask my doc.

In any case, I've been finding that my ability to stay on track is better now in the afternoon than in the morning. Since this coincided with taking an extra dose of medication, it suggests that a higher dose of Vyvanse in the morning might be in order. I spoke to my doctor about this yesterday, and today I'm starting on 50mg Vyvanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment